Thursday, January 24, 2008

Arthur to Macarthur

I rallied the Templar Knights in battle array. I reared up my ironclad horse and lifted my blade to glint in the sun. "We know no fear. We are God's legions from Arthur to Macarthur. He cloaked us with His Divine Right which we proudly wear stronger than any man's armor. All the empires of the world will bow before Him, the Holy Almighty Warrior God of Israel." I wheeled my mount around and pranced towards the other side. "The Lord Jesus. the Master of the winds and raging seas lifts not a finger to smote them and meekly submits to their blasphemy. His Father God sends us to teach these evil men the folly of their ways. In the face of our fury, they shall seek relief in the fires of hell and beg for His mercy."I sheathed my sword and drew my lance and turned my warhorse to face Calvary."Follow me! We shall ride like the tempest of the Father Almighty. But we will not rush headlong to be downed by the javelins of the vaunted phalanx of Rome. We will engage each side then slice open the middle. Then we will wash Pilate's innocent hands with Roman blood. Next we shall quarter and disembowel the Pharisees and their Jewish jailers and drag their wretched hearts and insides across the sands of Golgotha !"

No comments: